How can you say you love when you can’t be your brothers keeper!?
How can you say you love when you gossip your fellow brethren in Christ?
What is love, if your fellow brethren in Christ became unhappy just because of you?
What really is love?
Let me share with us on what love is, from the book of 1Corinthians 13:1-8(NKJV). I will quote and explain.
Here is what love is not!
1. “Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.”
2. “And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.”
3. ” And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.”
Hmm! Here’s the bible bursting our bubbles on what Love is not!
Many times we think that, when we give to the less privilege or pay offering/tithe/special seeds, it means that we love, well! According to this scripture, it is not so.
Meaning, given and love are two different things!!(Generosity Vs Charity) “You can give and not love!”
You can also give yourself for Evangelism, attend church programs, volunteers, visit the sick, pray and fast like a warrior, always available to do God’s work… If you don’t love, all of these service is nothing.
(Working With God is not the same as working For God).
So, don’t Mix it up!!!
Now, let’s talk about what love really is.
4. “Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
Meaning: If you are married and you say you love your spouse, listen; love does not Nag, it does not envy. Your spouse is not a perfect being, so is your brethren in Christ. So, Don’t gossip them. If their perfectionism/Success seems to intimidate you or get you jealous of them, talk to them about your concern and deal with it, instead of talking behind them with other people, and creating hatred.
Just because you are earning more than your spouse doesn’t call for the brag! Nor because your family made the highest donation in the church building fund, you then begin to parade yourself in church, “say, if not for your family contribution, the building project wouldn’t have come to a reality!”
5. “Does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
Meaning: Love is gentle and respectful. Doesn’t wait for who is right or wrong. Love doesn’t talk rudely to another fellow just because they still have a ‘Single Tag’ and not a ‘Mr/Mrs’ so, they don’t belong to your Class/levels.
Love is not quick to Anger. It forgive easily.
Love Is always at peace with all men.
6. “Does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
Meaning: Love speaks the truth and stand with the truth.
Love is Not like Judas Iscariot! Love is Not eyes service.
7. Bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Meaning: Love is unconditional and without fault. Stick with each other, tolerate each others shit/flaws, and hope for the best.
It’s Always positive and No condition is attached.
8. Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
Meaning: Everything you acquire on earth are temporary, but love is eternal.
Jesus died for you and I that we may have everlasting life, just because He loves us.
So, if God could give us His only begotten son that we might live and be blameless, why is it difficult for us to be our brothers keeper?
Now, I need you to digest all of these, dig deep into your heart, and answer this question sincerely;
Can you truly say you love?
If your answer is in doubt, I will advice that you go to God in prayer, and ask Him to teach you how to love unconditionally.
Thank you and God bless!